When Learning Under Lockdown feels like:
“I always said that I wanted to spend more time with my kids. I guess I should be careful what I wish for.”
– Comedian Jim Gaffigan
The new rules: Stay at home. Don’t go out. Keep six feet away. How long can this last?!
Your kids need you. The school needs you. Your partner needs you. Your bank account needs you.
And you? Well, your needs have been written off in this new reality.
How does any family come through this time with everyone’s wellbeing intact?
Is family life stressing your employees and clients out?
Does every meeting get sidetracked with questions like:
- How can I work from home while EVERYONE IS HOME!?
- I miss school/daycare so much I could just cry. (And I have. Many times.)
- My partner and I are in pure survival mode — and just might kill each other.
- The self care routine I had so carefully constructed has flown out the window.
- My kids are really acting out and I have no idea what to do about it.
- I feel like a terrible parent for snapping at my kids all the time.
I know parents are on the “struggle bus.” And I know it seems impossible when:
- You can’t find time for yourself.
- Your relationship is straining under the stress.
- You can’t get anything done.
I can help you get some balance back.
I share tactics you can use to make your family life more stable during this time. In the workshop we’ll talk about:
- How to get back to self-care.
- How to get on the same page with your partner.
- How to regain perspective.
- How to yell less as a parent.
The takeaways I provide come from my 2020 books, “But I’m Not a Teacher! A Parent’s Guide to Learning Under Lockdown” and “Laugh More, Yell Less: A Guide to Raising Kick-Ass Kids, Stuck-at-Home Edition.”
Since I know you don’t have the time or bandwidth to read a book right now, let’s do a workshop instead!
As a licensed psychologist, for 20 years I’ve worked with schools and parents on children’s behavior and positive parenting. I also partnered with my wife to raise two kick-ass kids. I know the struggle is real, and I can offer specific, doable steps you can take immediately to increase the number of positive family interactions you have every day.
Bring the workshop to your group!
Are your employees, colleagues, or friends struggling to balance work, parenthood, and marriage right now?
I can deliver a 90-minute workshop to any group of 10 or more parents. It’s perfect for your team, employees you manage, business resource groups, or any other group of moms, dads, or parents who might be struggling with the challenge of parenting under the extreme circumstances of pandemic quarantine.
P.S. If you need more individual help, I offer an affordable, five-session coaching package designed to be flexible for your family. Click here for more information.