The Power of Positive Parenting:
Robert helps parents to embrace their “superpowers” to become the role models that they want their kids to see. By guiding them to find ways to laugh more, play more, and to be more present with their children, Robert helps parents create the type of family that will grow the leaders of tomorrow.
Mindfulness for Kids:
Robert introduces parents to the ideas behind mindfulness and provides them with several simple, easy-to-use techniques. Mindfulness can address anxiety, strengthen focusing abilities, and increase attentiveness to academic tasks.
Raising Healthy, Happy, and Independent Boys in the 21st Century:
Robert spells out several techniques to help parents decipher “boy code” and manage anger, frustration, or short tempers. Robert shows how to build your son’s capacity, help him learn self-control and perseverance and teach him empathy and compassion.
RECENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS & ACTIVITIES
- Content Contributor to Huffington Post, Good Men Project, UnCOMMEN, and Safe Kids Stories
- Storyteller at the Good Men Project Live Storyteller Event in NYC
- Participant in ParentCampUSA, held at the US Department of Education in Washington, DC (first national ParentCamp)
- Moderator for #PTchat (four year old Twitter chat focusing on the parent-teacher alliance)
- Participant in EdCampLDR, a participant-driven “un-conference” for educational leaders at University of Pennsylvania’s Graduate School of Education
- Participant in a Symposium dedicated to “Integrating School Climate Reform Efforts” at the Institute for Restorative Practices in Bethlehem, PA
- Creator of “Pop-Up PD’s” (an informal, participant-driven professional development opportunity to share best practices and take advantage of the resources within a school and among the staff)
- Contest Participant in the “XQ Super School Project,” entering a concept for re-imagining high school called “School for Superheroes,” in process of building design team
- Foreword Author on public education, “Stop the Bus” by Nathaniel A. Turner, J.D.
- Facilitator of The Leader in Me program (Stephen R. Covey’s application of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People to education) at W.C. Longstreth Elementary in Southwest Philadelphia
- Facilitator for small group discussions for SpeakUp! at local area middle and high schools
- Supporter to local initiative to fund full-day Kindergarten at the School District of Haverford Township
- Segment content contributor on parenting and mental health to Dad Spotlight podcast